Successfully protesting business personal property taxes and rendering assets to an appraisal district requires both a comprehensive understanding of a client’s business and thorough knowledge of the applicable tax laws and procedures. The process demands experienced consultants and a detail-oriented analysis to prepare accurate reporting and take advantage of all the available tax-saving opportunities. The Ola Tax & Property approach exemplifies what is necessary to succeed in this dynamic sector of the property tax industry.
A business in the State of Texas must provide information about its business personal property to the appraisal district. Taxes are paid on that property owned on January 1st of the tax year. Business personal property typically includes furniture, fixtures, equipment, and inventory. The documentation provided to the appraisal district which contains this information is called a rendition. Ola Tax & Property will file your rendition and position you to protect your rights as a taxpayer.
The following list includes the primary benefits of this service:
- Our opinion of value will be on record with the appraisal district. As a result, you will receive notice if the appraisal district intends to appraise your business personal property at a greater value.
- You will avoid a statutory penalty of not filing a rendition. The penalty assessed is a 10% increase in the taxes you are assessed on your business personal property.
- Our renditions decrease the probability of a disproportionate valuation and help you avoid the need to protest these values in the future.
- We can save your company time and money.
- We will meet important deadlines.
Taxes associated with business personal property are often a substantial expense for a company, and the appraised value upon which the taxes are based can become dramatically inconsistent with the actual value of the property. Through attentive communication, diligent review, and systematic evaluation of your business personal property, Ola Tax & Property can guide you through the complicated process of rectifying these values through negotiations with the appraisal district and hearings before the appraisal review board.
Contact and Results:
Allow us to file renditions on behalf of your business or to appeal business personal property appraised values. For additional information, please contact us.
Please review some of our recent and significant business personal property successes here.